210g Healthy Options Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
1/2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
1 Tsp Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
1 Tsp organic ground cinnamon
1/4 Tsp organic nutmeg
115g Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Sugar
1 Tsp Wholesome Sweetener’s Honey
1/2 Tsp Natural Tides Fine Sea Salt
100ml La Tourangelle Almond Oil
2 large eggs
1 Tsp Flavorganics Vanilla Extract
(Optional: 100g Woodstock Walnuts)
Cream Cheese Frosting
30g Kerrygold Butter, room temperature
200g Organic Valley Cream Cheese, room temperature
2 Tsp Wholesome Sweetener’s Honey
1/2 Tsp Flavorganics Vanilla Extract
(Optional: 1/4 Tsp Lemon juice, 1/4 Tsp Lemon zest)
* Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners. Optional: shred the carrots. Roughly chop walnuts and set aside.
* Add coconut sugar and honey to grated carrots. Combine well and set aside.
* Combine grapeseed oil, eggs, salt and vanilla in separate bowl and set aside.
* Place the sifter on top of a mixing bowl and add in the all-purpose baking mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sift and combine well.
* Combine carrots, walnuts and egg mixture.
* Pour into dry ingredients and mix until batter is fully incorporated.
* Scoop batter into muffin liners.**
* Bake for 13-15 minutes. Muffins must spring back when toucher lightly.
Transfer to cooling rack.
* Add butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and honey into a mixing bowl. Optional: add lemon zest and lemon juice.
* Combine all ingredients while incorporating air into the frosting using a whisk.
* Use offset spatula to spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. (Approximately 18g frosting per cupcake).
** To use exact weight to measure cupcakes, place one measuring cup on a weighing scale and scoop batter into the cup until it reaches 70g, then place into muffin liner. (Healthy Options)