(For the patties)
4 cups Kalabasa, fruit, chunks
4 pcs Egg, chicken, whole, beaten
2 tsp Salt, iodized
⅛ tsp Black pepper, ground
6 cans Sardines in tomato sauce, drained, mashed,
Set the sauce aside
4 cups Kulitis (spinach), shredded
2 Tbsps Garlic, chopped
¼ cup Onion, white, chopped
3 cups All-purpose flour
1 cup Cooking oil
For the sauce
2 Tbsps Cooking oil
1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
2 Tbsps Onion, white, chopped
2 Tbsps Ginger, crushed
2 cups Sardines sauce
½ cup Banana Catsup
* Prepare the patties: Steam squash in a steamer for 15 minutes. Mash in a bowl and set aside.
• In a bowl, combine egg, oil, salt and pepper.
• In another bowl, combine sardines, steamed kalabasa, kulitis, garlic, onion and flour. Add the egg mixture. Blend well.
• Divide the mixture by 40, approximately 3 tablespoons or 40 grams each portion. Shape each portion into patties.
• In a pan, heat oil. Fry the patties for 3 minutes each side or until brown.
• Transfer in a strainer or bowl with paper towels to drain excess oil.
* In another pan, heat oil. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, sardines sauce and catsup. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
* Serve patties with sauce on the side.