THEY say “what you eat is what you get”.
That’s right, what you eat especially if it is unhealthy, you’ll get the bad result very sooner. And if you eat healthy, you’ll get the prize of longevity and vitality.
Change the way you prepare food. Try to:
· Cut back on added fats and/or oils in cooking or spreads;
· Grill, steam, or bake instead of frying;
· Make foods flavorful with herbs, spices, and low-fat seasonings;
· Use fat-free or low-fat sour cream, mayo, sauces, dressings, and condiments;
· Serve several whole-grain foods every day; and eat apples and bananas.
If you change the way you prepare food, you must also change your eating habits. You must:
· Keep to a regular eating schedule, eat before you get too hungry;
· Eat your breakfast every day and drink water before a meal;
· Stop eating when you’re full and don’t eat late at night;
· Try a green salad instead of fries and ask for salad dressing “on the side”;
· Instead of eating out, bring a healthy, low-calorie lunch to work and pack a healthy “brown bag” for your kids;
· Provide fruits and vegetables for snacks and ask your sweetie to bring you fruit or flowers instead of chocolates.