On 20 & 21 February at SMX Convention Center, Manila, the 3rd annual EduTECH Philippines 2019 will once again bring together the Philippines’ entire education ecosystem to discuss new strategies, pedagogies and innovations to bring 21st century quality education to all in the Philippines.
Sharon Roessen, Managing Director at Terrapinn Asia commented, “We are delighted to be returning to Manila once again for the third edition of EduTECH Philippines. To have the support of the Department of Education and the endorsement of the Commission on Higher Education clearly cements EduTECH Philippines as a key annual event for educators and their partners in the Philippines. Our mission is to support educators and their partners in the Philippines to deliver a high standard of education for all students, and with that in mind, this year’s event is free to attend, so that all stakeholders can join this quest, regardless of budget”.
Opening the event is Guest-of-Honour, H.E. Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones, Secretary of Education, Department of Education, Philippines who will be addressing how they are working to “Bring quality education to all in the Philippines”. Building on this, Jay Thompson, Director of Educational Technology & Innovation, Dulwich College, Singapore and Francis Jim Tuscano, Head Ed-Tech Coach, Xavier School will also share about leadership by design and fostering innovation and changemaking in students.
On the second day of the event, the keynote plenary focuses on next-generation learning and teaching. Fr. Benigno Beltran, SVD, Chief Learning Strategist, Sandiwaan Center for Learning will open the session with a keynote on design thinking in education. Joining him is Mike Gilmour, Deputy Principal, GEMS World Academy, Singapore who brings his experience on leadership and influencing organisational excellence through 21st century skills. Also adding international perspectives, William Sanchez, Strategy & Policy Advisor, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands will help educators get ready for a smart world with a session on the connected teacher and 21st century learning. Rounding up the keynotes, Emie Baylon, Education Technology Coordinator, De La Salle Santiago Zobel School concludes with “TEDx: Teaching empathy digitally and eXponentially.”
In addition to the visionary keynotes, there will be a series of case studies and sharing sessions across six theatres of content – K-12, Tertiary, STEM, Tech Innovation, EduBUILD & Business of Education and #Teachtechtalks. Over 150 inspirational speakers from across the Philippines will address key issues including K flipped learning, digital storytelling, integrated STEM education, education 4.0, makerspaces, partnerships & stakeholder management in education and more.
Additional featured speakers at EduTECH Philippines 2018 include:
- Shaun Michael Marasigan, G.I.F.T. Team Leader - Center for Visual Arts & Theater Arts (Giftedness Instruction For Talent Development Program) Faculty Member (SHS), St. Paul College Pasig
- Hazel Angeles, SHS Principal, CIIT College of Arts & Technology
- Monette David, Educational Technologist, PAREF Woodrose School, Inc.
- Mellissa Espiritu, Principal, St. Joseph's Academy
- Brent Reodica, Founder & CEO, Team Aguhon
- Shielilo Amihan, Dean - College of Arts, Sciences & Education, UPHSD Calamba
- Elias M. Sampa, Curriculum & Academic Programs Director, Australian International School
- Marivic R. Mitschek, MIT Chair, Computer Studies Department, College of Science & Computer Studies, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas
- Noel Feria, Educational Technology Coach, IT Consultant, Event Strategist, University of the Philippines Information Technology Development Center
- Francis Jacob Aragon, Principal, iAcademy
- Jason De Villa, Program Director, 6YP, University of Asia & the Pacific
- Christine E Norton, Head of School, Australian International School, Philippines
Besides the conference, the exhibition will feature a showcase of the latest education technologies by over 50 industry players and up-and-coming start-ups and a makerspace with hands-on activities by The Mind Museum and Makerspace Filipinas. Some of the exhibiting companies includes Globe Telecom, Lenovo, Microsoft, Intel, Akamai Technologies, PLDT, Canvas, Panopto, Moodle, Furnware and more.
The two-day free-to-attend conference and exhibition is expected to gather over 5,000 education stakeholders from Philippines and beyond.
About EduTECH Philippines 2018
Date: 20-21 February 2019
Conference & Exhibition opening hours: 09:00 am
Venue: Level 2, Function Room 2-4, SMX Convention Center, Manila, Philippines
Admission to EduTECH Philippines is free for all to attend.
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions and electronic and print publications. For more information, please visit www.terrapinn.com.
Note: Press registration for the conference is compulsory and advance scheduling for speaker/ sponsor interviews is recommended. Press passes are strictly reserved for reporters, journalists, editors only. Final issuance of press passes is subjected to Terrapinn's discretion. For your complimentary press pass, please contact the following:
Senior Marketing Manager
Terrapinn Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6322 2715