2 dead, another hurt in gun attacks

December 12, 2018

A 30-year-old man and a 57-year-old driver were killed while another was wounded in separate shooting incidents Tuesday night in Parañaque, Pasay and Caloocan cities.

Parañaque police chief Senior Supt. Rogelio “Jojo” Rosales said Ron Christopher Paulino, of Bgy. San Isidro, was walking along Bethlehem Street at around 11 p.m. when the suspect appeared at the corner of Jordan Street, Sitio Nazareth and shot him repeatedly, killing him instantly.

After the killing, the suspect casually walked away from the crime scene and boarded a waiting motorcycle driven by his cohort then sped away.

Earlier at 9:58 p.m., Rodelio Navarra was walking on his way home along Molave St., Bgy. 145, Pasay City, when an unidentified assailant shot him in the body.

The suspect immediately fled while the victim was rushed by his relatives to San Juan De Dios Hospital where he was placed under observation.

Newly promoted Southern Police District (SPD) director Chief Supt. Eliseo Cruz said the suspects in two separate shooting incidents were armed with cal. .45 pistol.

Empty shells recovered at the crime scenes were already submitted to PNP Crime Laboratory for ballistic examination while the motive behind the killings are yet to be determined.

In Caloocan City, Daniel Alanes Jr., of Block 1, Lot 41, Villa Tres Maria, Deparo, died on the spot from bullet wounds in the head and body while his assailant immediately escaped after the killing.

Witness Michelle Canlas, of Block 1, Lot 5, Bagumbong Road, Bgy. 171, told Caloocan police homicide investigators PO3 Jenny Ryan Rodriguez that she was inside their abode when she heard successive burst of gunfire outside at 3:45 a.m. yesterday.

When she went to the terrace of their house to check, she saw the bloodied victim slumped on the driver’s seat of his driven vehicle, prompting her to seek the assistance of barangay officials.

Elements of Caloocan Police Community Precinct (PCP) 6 who responded recovered several empty shells for still unknown caliber of firearm at the scene.

Police said they are still conducting a follow-up operation for possible identification and arrest of the perpetrators while the motive for the killing is yet to be established.