TWO of the three young siblings who were trapped inside their burning house died while two others were injured in a blaze that started shortly before midnight yesterday in Caloocan city.
Cedric James Baleros, 8 and his sister Cloe Kate, 6 succumbed to severe burn injuries in their bodies while being treated at Manila Central University (MCU) hospital while their younger sibling, Alexandra, 4, who was still in critical condition was transferred to East Avenue Medical Center in Quezon City.
Two others, identified as Jaymart Jeresano, 16, and Eloisa Enzo, 21, sustained abrasions on their knees and elbows and were discharged from the hospital after treatment.
Caloocan Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) arson investigator FO1 Cristina Jarabelo said the fire started at the second floor of a house owned by the victim’s father Richard Baleros at 180 M. De Castro St., Bgy. 155 Bagong Barrio at around 12:30 a.m.
The house, according to Barangay Chairman Bryan Pascual, had no electricity and the family used only candles to light their home.
Witness Rosalie Bejeson told arson investigator that prior to the fire incident, victims’ father left their house and locked the door to buy some food.
When the blaze broke out, neighbors of the victims encountered difficult in rescuing the kids since the door was locked. They were all brought to the hospital after they were rescued.
The blaze which spread in an adjacent house was raised to first alarm before it was finally put out at around 2:30 a.m. Arson probers said the damage property was placed around P15,000.