Commission on Human Rights digging for ‘salvage’ victim yields nothing

April 07, 2019

THE excavation done by the Commission on Human Rights at the request of a mother who claimed her son was killed and buried by unidentified Quezon City policemen at a vacant lot near a police precinct yielded negative results.

QCPD director Brig. Gen. Joselito Esquivel yesterday said a CHR team found no human remains at the lot near the Police Community Precinct 1 of Masambong Police Station (PS 2) contrary to the claim of Herminia for son Raymond missing since October 9 last year, was buried beside the precinct.

Herminia said that while she desperately looking for her son, she met Rachel Wy alias ‘Inday’ who at that time was detained at the police precinct.

‘Inday’ told her that Raymond was beheaded by seven cops and was buried. She said she initially refused to talk for fear of reprisal.

After her release, ‘Inday’ contacted Herminia and told her that her son was buried at the vacant lot near PCP 1. The grieving mother sought the help of the CHR which conducted an excavation process.

After coordinating with different government agencies and ocular inspection, the excavation was finally allowed on March 28 headed by Atty. Dianne de Leon.

However, no human remains were exhumed.

According to Esquivel, the QCPD has nothing to hide in the investigation on the alleged disappearance of Aruta.

“In fact upon receipt of the report, a special investigation task group was created immediately and the policemen assigned at the PCP during the alleged incident were also ordered relieved last January 18,” the QC top cop said.

Esquivel added that the information given to the victim’s mother was baseless and unfounded.