Fire hits Chinese resto inside SM Megamall

June 21, 2020

A CHINESE restaurant inside the SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City caught fire on Sunday morning, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).

Mandaluyong City Fire Marshal Supt. Jose Callos Jr. said the blaze started at the chimey of the Luk Yuen restaurant at around 11 a.m.

The restaurant is located at the lower ground floor of SM Megamall’s Building B.

But the fire was contained in five minutes, Callos said.

No one was reported injured or killed during the fire incident.

As of writing, the BFP official said the restaurant has been temporarily closed down after the incident for the investigation.

“Pansamantalang isinara muna natin ang restaurant para imbestigahan", Callos said.

The BFP-Mandaluyong City is still conducting investigation on the incident.