Man electrocuted

A 35-year-old laborer died of electrocution while getting his cellfone which was then being charged in his workplace in Sampaloc, Manila yesterday morning.

Major Rommel Anicete, chief of the Manila Police District-homicide section, said that based on a probe by Det.Marlon Dee,  victim Dexter Abelgos, of Barangay Miguel, Mojica Mendez, Cavite City and a stay-in worker at the Laperal Building on C.M Recto Avenue, Manila died at around 4 a.m.

The incident reportedly took place at the ground floor of the said building.  His colleagues told probers that the victim said the victim got electrocuted when he accidentally had contact with an open live wire  as he tried to get his cellphone which a was then charging.