THE Philippines top diplomat to Singapore yesterday said 102 of the 150 Filipino workers who have tested positive for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in Singapore have already recovered and have been discharged from the hospital.
Philippine Ambassador to Singapore Joseph Del Mar Yap, during the regular televised "Laging Handa briefing said this leaves "only 48 (Filipinos) in hospitals or isolation ward."
"So far, we have 150 Filipinos who are Covid-positive here in Singapore but the majority of them, 102 of them, have recovered and have been discharged."
He reported that starting today (June 19) Singapore is entering its phase 2 which means that there will be more activities.
Singapore has started to re-open its economy on June 2 after it ended its "circuit breaker" or lockdown.
Yap said the Philippine Embassy has since returned to full consular operations.
He added "If things continue the way it is, they expect they'll go into phase three which will be considered the new normal. Phase three will continue until such time that there will be a vaccine already available, and that will be the time they will lift phase three."
World Health Organization figures show Singapore has 40,969 confirmed Covid-19 cases, 26 of whom have died.