TWO more Philippine National Police personnel have been confirmed to be COVID-19-positive yesterday bringing to 67 the number of police uniformed and non-uniformed men already infected with the deadly virus, the Journal Group learned.
PNP spokesman, Brigadier General Bernard M. Banac said there are a total of 737 PNP personnel who are undergoing treatment or are being monitored for COVID-19. They include 593 Suspected Persons Under Investigation; 74 Probable PUIs; and the 67 Confirmed COVID-19 positive personnel.
The identities of the two latest addition to the COVID-19 positive police personnel were withheld.
Banac said 37 police personnel have also been admitted to the hospital with 21 of them still undergoing validation if they need full hospitalization or can go on home-quarantine. Another 119 are already undergoing home-quarantine, he added.
So far, eight police personnel have recovered from the deadly virus while three died after contracting the disease.
On Friday, PNP Health Service director, Brig. Gen. Herminio S. Tadeo Jr. said four male policemen with ages 47, 36,33 and 29 and two policewomen with ages 36 and 29, were also confirmed to be COVID-19 positive. All are assigned in Metro Manila.
Tadeo said that PNP chief, General Archie Francisco F. Gamboa has ordered the PNP-HS to ensure that the afflicted policemen would be properly taken care of and placed under daily monitoring along with their families.
Tadeo said the NHQ PNP COVID-19 Patient Care Center or the Kiangan Billeting Center in Camp Crame has already admitted 37 PNP personnel listed as PUIs and who undergo self-quarantine including 10 PCOs, 24 PNCOs, and three NUPs while the Spring Hotel admitted a total of 103 personnel composed of 13 PCOs, 70 PNCOs, 12 NUPs and eight civilian employees.