THE Supreme Court yesterday disclosed that the effectivity of all circulars and orders it issued related to the COVID-19 outbreak were extended in light of President Duterte's decision extending the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon to April 30.
SC Public Information Office chief Brian Keith Hosaka confirmed this development to reporters.
Likewise, Hosaka disclosed that the high court cancelled its annual summer session in the City of Pines, Baguio City, as the number of coronavirus infection in the country rose to 3,660 confirmed cases as of this writing.
"All SC COVID-19 related circulars and orders will be extended and will remain effective until the end of the extended ECQ. The SC summer Baguio session has also been cancelled. We will be releasing the corresponding orders once they have been signed by the Chief Justice. No decision yet if the April 15, 2020 Special Session will be moved to another date. Thank you," Hosaka said.
President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon to April 30 to curb the spread of the coronavirus outbreak, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said Tuesday.
Nograles said the President accepted the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) to extend the Luzon-wide quarantine until 11:59 p.m. of April 30.
Duterte earlier announced he was inclined to extend the Luzon-wide quarantine to April 30.
“Provided, that all exemptions granted by the Office of the President or the IATF shall continue to be in effect for the duration of the extended ECQ,” said Nograles.
“Provided further that such extension of the ECQ shall be without prejudice to the discretion of the President to relax the implementation of the ECQ in some local jurisdictions, or the granting of exemptions in favor of certain sectors, as public health considerations and food security may warrant.”
The Philippines has, so far, recorded 3,660 COVID-19 cases with 163 deaths and 73 recoveries.