MORE cars and public utility vehicles yesterday carrying passengers without confirmed domestic flights were prevented entry at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminal 3.
It was learned that passengers from Nueva Ecija, Silang, Cavite as well as Quezon City and other parts of Metro Manila, were surprised upon learning that the airport authority was not allowing them to proceed to the airport without confirmed flights.
Airport security personnel had put up a barricade a few meters away from the checkpoints leading to the NAIA terminal 3.
Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) earlier reminded domestic air travelers not to go to NAIA unless they have confirmed flights.
The move is an effort to decongest the NAIA terminal that had been crowded with people hoping to go back to their home provinces.
MIAA general manager Ed Monreal said in a statement that most of them are locally stranded individuals (LSIs) who stayed at the NAIA hoping to secure walk-in flight bookings.
Airport security personnel said, there are hundreds of locally stranded individuals that were temporarily staying under the flyover bridge or overpass leading to the NAIA 3 terminal.
A few good samaritans including the airport authorities gave them food and water to drink.
Many of them, and especially those staying at the curbside of NAIA terminal 2, came to the airport last month. Some also came six days or four days ago.
Meanwhile, four young women who have flight schedules on Thursday were not able to take a Cebu Pacific Air (CEB) flight bound for General Santos City after the plane left early without them.
The reason: their travel authority is good only for Davao. Cebu Pacific staff manning the check-in counter immediately advised them to get travel pass for General Santos City from the issuing authority at the airport.
But when they came back to the CEB check-in counter, they were told that the flight for General Santos City had already left.