THE government has revised the list of areas that will remain under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) from May 1 to 15, Malacañang said yesterday Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque released the list following a meeting of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Monday.
Areas under ECQ:
• National Capital Region,
• Central Luzon except Aurora,
• Baguio City,
• Iloilo province,
• Cebu province,
• Cebu City, and
• Davao City.
The IATF said the rest of the country will be under a general community quarantine provided that “minimum health standards are achieved and continuously observed.”
GCQ in low-risk areas may be lifted after May 15 should no deterioration in their risk level occur, according to the task force.
Last week, the IATF included Antique, Aklan, Capiz, Davao del Norte and Davao de Oro in the list of ECQ areas subject to reassessment by the body.
For GCQ areas, public transportation would resume at reduced capacity, some workers would be allowed to work, and some establishments would partially open but subject to minimum health standards.
However, areas with a high risk of COVID-19 transmissions such as Metro Manila and Central Luzon would remain under strict confinement measures until May 15 under the ECQ.