No specific region for drug war

February 27, 2019

PHILIPPINE National Police chief, Director General Oscar D. Albayalde yesterday said that their ongoing war on drugs are not choosing any specific regions, cities or provinces since police are under orders to hit the illegal drug trade on a nationwide scale.

“Walang pinipiling lugar ang aming kampanya laban sa droga, basta me problema sa droga nandun ang pulis para umaksiyon,” the PNP chief said.

Gen. Albayalde maintained that apart from Metro Manila, Central Luzon and Calabarzon region, all the other police regional offices are doing their own huge share in the crackdown against illegal drug trafficking and abuse.

He issued the statement in reaction to observations that it seems the Bulacan police has already eclipsed Metro Manila when it comes to neutralizing armed drug dealers in gunbattles.

The PNP chief also said that President Duterte could be banking on his ‘unlimited number of sources’ when he said that the country now has an estimated 6-7 million drug users despite the massive crackdown on drugs he ordered since Day 1 of his administration.

Gen. Albayalde said that what they have in their records are the list of suspected drug personalities provided by different Barangay Anti-Drugs Abuse Councils or BADACs after they were required to furnish the government with such list.

The PNP chief said that previously, there were some barangay officials who refused to come up with their own BADAC list apparently because some of their relatives, friends and supporters are known drug personalities in their communities.