THE 80 Filipino crew members of M/V Diamond Princess who earlier tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in Japan have all recovered, the Philippine embassy in Tokyo said on Wednesday. This as the oneyear-old girl from Oriental Mindoro who got infected with COVID-19 appears to have recovered
"All Filipino crew of Diamond Princess who have been admitted to hospital have already been successfully treated, discharged, and repatriated as of yesterday, March 31," Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Robespierre Bolivar said in a text message.
Bolivar said the last crew member was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday.
The M/V Diamond Princess was quarantined at the port of Yokohama on February 5 after one of its passengers contracted Covid-19.
After the quarantine, a total of 445 Filipinos aboard the cruise ship who tested negative for the virus was repatriated on February 26.
In a television interview, Philippine Ambassador to Japan Jose Laurel V said there are two Filipino Covid-19 cases in Japan, all of whom are land-based.
"Dalawang Pilipino lang ang tested positive, ang isa ay nasa Osaka, ang isa ay nasa Nagoya (There are only two Filipinos who tested positive, the one is in Osaka, the other one is in Nagoya)," he said.
There are at least 325,000 Filipinos in Japan, the envoy said.
Meanwhile, the one-year-old girl from Oriental Mindoro who got infected with COVID-19 appears to have recovered, Governor Humerlito "Bonz" Dolor said Wednesday, citing a doctor's report.
The official said that the baby, who is the first and only confirmed coronavirus case in the province so far, has completed taking medicines and had "no more signs of pneumonia" according to her doctor. The baby's companions did not show symptoms of the disease, he added.
Meanwhile, 20 other patients under investigation in the province have tested negative for the disease, according to the regional office of the Department of Health.
The girl, who is 21 months old, is also the youngest reported to have been infected with COVID-19 in the country. The baby was in Alabang in Muntinlupa City from March 5-12 before she was brought to Calapan City.
On Tuesday night, Dolor said the baby's doctor has been waiting for the results of a second test to check if the coronavirus has been flushed out of the girl's body. The doctor assured that the kid is already playful and may be discharged by Thursday or Friday if she tests negative.
The elderly as well as people with preexisting health conditions are deemed most vulnerable to the disease, which has killed 88 people in the Philippines. PNA, CNN PHILIPPINES