Stay home, PNP chief exhorts public

August 05, 2020

JUST stay home.

Philippine National Police chief General Archie Francisco F. Gamboa made this appeal to Unauthorized Persons Outside of Residence (UPORs),  callin on the public to fully cooperate with authorities as they strictly enforce Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) rules in Metro Manila and the provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal.

“Fellow Filipinos, we are asking for your full cooperation to help save lives. Muli, nakikiusap po kami sa publiko na manatili sa mga bahay. Stay at home, Ito ay tulong na rin ninyo sa ating mga frontliners na halos limang buwan nang ginagampanan ang kanilang tungkulin para masugpo ang pagkalat ng virus,” the PNP chief said.

“Kaisa ng ating mga kasama mula sa medical sector at mga kawani ng local na pamahalaan at barangay, ang inyong PNP ay handa sa lahat ng oras para tugunan ang tungkulin nito sa pagpapatupad ng mga protocol sa pagharap natin sa national crisis na ito,” Gen. Gamboa added.

According to the top cop, “the PNP shares the same concern of the country’s medical; community for more active community participation in addressing this health crisis that has so far claimed over 2,000 Filipino lives, 11 of whom were our very own police frontliners and personnel.”

“Throughout this 15-day MECQ, we assure the public that there are enough police personnel that are available to assist the public in Quarantine Control Points in coordination with local government units and barangay councils as means to contain the spread of COVID-19,” he explained.

Gen. Gamboa said that under MECQ protocols, only one person per household will be the Authorized Persons Outside Residence or APOR bearing a quarantine pass issued by barangays in going out to procure basic needs for their families.

The PNP chief on Monday directed all police commanders and units to immediately establish additional community checkpoints  for the immediate implementation of the MECQ in the  National Capital Region and the provinces of Cavite, Rizal, Laguna, and Bulacan. 

“Our police units in the field are ready to set up more checkpoints in barangays and main thoroughfares as the NCR, Rizal, Laguna, Cavite, and Bulacan reverted to MECQ from August 4 to 18 heeding the call of our medical frontliners,” he said. 

Through the Joint Task Force COVID Shield under the command of Lieutenant Gen. Guillermo Lorenzo T.  Eleazar, Gen. Gamboa said that enough number of police will be deployed to man checkpoints to enforce MECQ guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).