Trillanes charged with grave threats

January 11, 2019
Antonio Trillanes IV
Antonio Trillanes IV

THE Pasay City Prosecutor’s Office yesterday indicted opposition Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV over his alleged threats against Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras.

Preliminary investigation of the case established probable cause was established against Trillanes -- an outspoken critic of President Duterte ..

As soon as the criminal information was filed, the case was raffled off to Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 47 under Judge Joeven Dellosa who immediately ordered the lawmaker’s arraignment on February 15 at 8:30 a.m.

In his six-page complaint, Paras said Trillanes told him “yayariin kita” on the sidelines of a Senate hearing which they both attended last year.

“Bigla na lang akong nilapitan ni Trillanes and he raised his hand pointing to me in a form of parang dinuduro niya ako. Sabi niya, ‘Yayariin kita. Ang lakas ng loob mo! Yung Presidente mo matatapos din yan at yayariin kita’,” Paras said.

“Sabi ko, ‘Mr. Senator, karapatan ko pong mag-file ng kaso, in the same way that you filed a case versus the President,” he added.

Trillanes vehemently denied Paras’ accusations against him.

Trillanes said Paras had tried to shake his hand during their encounter, but he rejected the latter’s gesture.

“Sinabi ko sa kaniya ‘ang lakas naman ng loob mo, kinasu-kasuhan mo ako tapos makikipag-kamay ka sa akin?’ So yun ang puno’t dulo niyan,” he said.