4 terrorists gunned down in S. Cotabato

August 11, 2020

FOUR members of the ISIS-inspired Daulah Islamiyah which has gained notoriety for its terror and extortion activities in Central Mindanao  were killed in gunbattles with security forces in Polomolok, South Cotabato on Saturday morning, Police Regional Office 12 director, Brigadier General Michael John F. Dubria reported yesterday.

Another suspect was arrested during the simultaneous law enforcement operation in the province conducted by members of the PRO12, the Philippine National Police Special Action Force, the Armed Forces and the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency, the official said.

In a report to Philippine National Police chief, General Archie Francisco F. Gamboa, Dubria said that during the 1st raid, troops engaged the suspects in a firefight as they tried to serve a warrant of arrest against three targets identified as Solaiman Paraluman, Rod Embang and Ottoh Alangan in their hideout in Purok Maguindanao, Barangay Lumakil in Polomolok  at 6:25 a.m. Saturday.

Alangan was shot during the gunbattle and died while being taken to the Polomolok District Hospital while Embang and Paraluman managed to escape.

Another raid led in the killing of Muadzs Modje following a firefight with troops. The suspect and his pal Sadan Macabangin who is wanted for two counts of murder shot it out with officers although Macabangin managed to flee.

Recovered from the scene were one caliber .38 revolver with four live ammunition and four heat-sealed plastic sachets containing shabu.

The  3rd operation resulted in the killing of Noel Castrana and Amer Pagalasan during a gunbattle in Purok Maguindanao around 7 in the morning of the same day.

Dubria said the two and two other targets identified as brothers Rarmiden and Ryan Bisaya fought it out with the lawmen. The two brothers managed to escape.

The operation led in the arrest of Daryl Sambial, a 23-year old carpenter who yielded an improvised 1-gauge shotgun with seven bullets and three plastic sachets containing shabu.

Dubria said the targets of the raids were identified as members of the Dawlah-Islamiyah group led by one Geoffrey Nilong and one alias ‘Abu Omar/Moi-Moi.’

He said Ryan Bisaya has a pending warrant of arrest for murder while his murder is the subject of a warrant of arrest for robbery with violence against or intimidation of persons.

Dubria said Paraluman and Embang are wanted for murder and attempted murder while Macabangin has two pending murder cases. Alnagan and Modjie were also wanted for their involvement in robbery-holdup, carnapping and gun-for-hire activities in the province.

Daulah-Islamiya group is known for being a sympathizer of ISIS who supports and promotes religious extremism and using violence and intimidation to gain profit. They also previously raised the non-passage of the Bangsamoro Basic law for propaganda.

“The group is also suspected of being behind the bombing in Sultan Kudarat and Davao City,” said Dubria as he lauded the troops’ successful operations which he said will surely cripple the movement of the terror ring in the province.