BATAAN--This province will be under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) effective May 16 to 31 based on the guidelines set forth by the National Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
In his message, Gov Abet S Garcia said “Bataan remains in high-risk group in the middle of COVID-19 pandemic.”
“While the whole world is still waiting for a vaccine to completely eliminate COVID-19, it is important that we can improve our "test, trace and treat" strategy in our province,” pointed out Garcia, saying “this could be the beginning to flatten the pandemic curve we all have been asking for.”
The governor said “ the safety and health of our countrymen remain first in the priority of our Provincial Government before we re-open Bataan for commerce and businesses.”
Following are important instructions under MECQ:
1. Everyone still needs to stay inside the house.
2. Only Essential Travels are allowed for exit, and that the 24-hour curfew and other guidelines implemented by the headquarters in your area are still in effect.
3. Only one family member is allowed to exit with Home Quarantine Pass (HQP) from your barangay.
4. Always follow safety protocols:
• Wear face mask every time you go out of the house.
• Practice frequent hand washing or use alcohol
• Avoid touching your face l, things or parts of a house or building that people always touch.
• If any symptoms arise, do not go out of the house and you should immediately report to Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT) in your area.
5. Follow social distancing. Keep a meter or more adjacent at all times.
6. Liquor ban ordinance still exists.
7. Limited workouts are allowed outside the house like walking, jogging, and biking but still need to comply with safety protocols wearing face mask and social distancing.
8. Multiple assembly is still prohibited. Only up to five people are allowed in a group.
9. There is still no public transportation.
10. Still controlled are incoming people into the province and need to pass through checkpoints. Only OFWs and returning Filipinos will be allowed.
11. Can use bicycle and other non-motorized transport.
12. Inter-island travel will not be allowed or no one will be allowed to enter the province of Bataan from Visayas or Mindanao.
13. All schools will remain closed.
14. For those who work in government, skeletal workforce on-site is still suggested while working from home for the majority.
15. Follow the rules issued by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) regarding Workplace Prevention and Control of COVID-19.
“I want to make it clear that we are under MECQ; we are still in home quarantine. So I keep reminding everyone that other precautionary measurers are still needed because our fight against the unseen virus is still around; We don't know if some we meet along the way is infected because others are asymptomatic,” Gov Garcia added.