Bulacan cops jail 14 law offenders

FOURTEEN law offenders on Sunday were hauled to jail by the Bulacan police in a series of anti-criminality operations in the province vis-à-vis with their continuing enforcement of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, officials said yesterday.

Bulacan Police Provincial Office director, Colonel Lawrence B. Cajipe said six of the 14 suspects were arrested in buy-bust operations conducted by drug enforcement officers of the Guiguinto Municipal Police Station and the San Jose del Monte City Police Station.

The official identified the six as Joselito dela Peña, his brother Jose, None Laba, Faith Pasco, Jayson Pasco and Angela Cobales. Recovered from the suspects were 11 heat-sealed plastic sachets containing suspected shabu and marked money paid to them by undercover officers.

All six are now facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.

In Meycauayan City, police arrested six persons who looted a mini-mart in Pineville Subdivision in Bgy. Lawa 5 p.m. Sunday.

Five of the suspectes were identified as Edmar Oraya, Julian de Leon, Christian de Leon, Jeric Palumpa and Rodie Dotor. The 6th turned out to be a 15-year old out-of-school youth.

Cajipe said the six were identified as the persons who forcibly opened the mini-mart 5 a.m. Sunday and stole grocery items before fleeing.

With the help of an eyewitness, local policemen arrested the suspects who yielded part of their loot including noodles, canned goods, cigarettes, lighter, a pair of rubber shoes and an electric fan all worth P3,300. The suspects are to be charged for theft.

In Plaridel, police arrested a drunken Reggie Villamore, a 38-year old fruit vendor accused of stabbing his neighbor Alberto Roxas,62, when the latter refused to accompany him to their local barangay office past 7 p.m. Sunday.

It turned out that the suspect, a resident of Purok 4 in Bgy. Sto. Niño asked the victim to go with him in their barangay hall so that he can complain about the barricades put up to enforce the quarantine order in their community.

When the old man refused to join him, the suspect stabbed the victim in the head several times before fleeing. The victim was taken to a local hospital while the suspect was arrested in a follow-up operation.