TRECE MARTIRES CITY, Cavite -- The Cavite Provincial Hospital (General Emilio Aguinaldo Memorial Hospital) in Bgy. Luciano will gradually open today after it was temporary closed last August 8 due to Covid-19 related cases.
“We will open little by little because we don’t have enough staff members. Many of them are infected and Persons Under Investigation (PUIs)," Dr. Noni John Dalisay, acting Provincial Health officer said.
Cavite Gov. Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla Jr. on August 8 ordered the temporary closure of the provincial hospital after many of the medical frontliners became PUIs.
"So far, wala namang malubha sa kanila, ngunit sa panahon ngayon, sugal-buhay ang hinaharap nila araw araw," Remulla said.
Dalisay said they will only allow emergency cases at the hospital.
“No admission yet,” the hospital official said.
According to Dalisay, around 161 hospital staff members were under investigation for Covid-19.
The Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO) are conducting disinfection of the provincial hospital.