CABANATUAN CITY – Positive COVID-19 cases in Nueva Ecija soared to six from four last Thursday, Gov. Aurelio M. Umali said yesterday.
Another new two positive cases from Gapan City were added to the growing COVID-19 positive list of the province, which previously stood at four, Umali said, during his live DWNE tele-radio broadcast yesterday with Father Arnold M. Abelardo, spokesperson of the Nueva Ecija COVID-19 Task Force.
These two new COVID-19 cases from Gapan City are described by the Department of Health as patients 653 and 654, aged 65 and 60, respectively. Both are female living in Bgy. San Roque. They are now confined at the Nueva Ecija Doctors' Hospital in this city.
The four previous positive cases originated from Bgy. Platero, General Natividad (one case), Bgys. Bangad and Isla, in Cabanatuan City (one case each), and another case from Bgy. San Roque, San Isidro, it was earlier reported.
As of yesterday, the PUI (Persons Under Investigation) count was tallied at 210 cases with 34 admitted in hospitals, 28 discharged and 138 in consultation while the PUMs (Persons Under Monitoring) stood at 29,309 cases as 24,903 remain under quarantine and 4,416 done with the 14-day period of quarantine.
This developed as the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office in collaboration with the Provincial Health Office upon orders from Gov. Umali conducted on Thursday some disinfection and sanitation activities in Bgy. San Roque, San Isidro town where one of the six positive COVID-19 cases in the province was earlier detected.
At the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, Vice Gov. Emmanuel Antonio M. Umali led the SP’s 12th regular session and tackled a request from Dr. Huberto Lapuz, medical director of Dr. Paulino J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center to temporarily convert the provincial government's Drug Rehabilitation and Treatment Center in Bgy. Ganaderia, Palayan City as an extension ward of the said hospital for persons under investigation or PUIs.
Gov. Umali said the provincial task force on COVID-19 and the Department of Health are also coordinating with the office of City Mayor Adrianne Mae "Rianne" Cuevas and her task force to determine if this would pass the safety protocols and medical standards under the guidelines set forth against COVID-19.