Gasoline in bottles spark fire

February 05, 2020

POLANGUI, ALBAY -- Gasoline in soft drink bottles being sold along the highway exploded and started a blaze in Purok 2, Barangay Tabon in Polangui, Albay on Monday afternoon.

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) here reported the fire started at the residence of Marilyn Bariya, who was reportedly selling gasoline in soft drink bottles to passing motorists in the locality.

The fire that started at 4:00 p.m. on Monday gutted the house of Bariya and spread to the neighboring residence of Reynaldo Sadoro, due to  strong winds.

An elderly, 62 year-old Mario Sadoro sustained third-degree burns on his left arms and was promptly treated at a local hospital after being rescued from the fire.

The Polangui BFP had investigated, if Bariya should be held responsible for the blaze for illegal selling of petroleum products in soft drink bottles.