Ilocos Sur suspends classes Mar. 13-Apr. 12

Ilocos Sur -- classes in all levels in private and public schools will be suspended effective March 13 up to April 12, to prevent the transmission of the deadly coronavirus desease.

In his Executive Order No. 12, Gov. Luis Ryan Singson said the suspension of all classes will be imposed to minimize the movements of students in the wake of the alarming spread of coronavirus throughout the world that has claimed the lives of less than 4,000 people.

Singson’s action came on the heels following President Duterte’s order No. 922, declaring the State of Public Health Emergency.

The President himself and a number of Cabinet secretaries, including Art Tugade of DOTr, have voluntarily subjected themselves for 14 quarantine.

Earlier reports said there are cases of Persons Under Monitoring (PUM) and Persons Under Investigation (PIM) in Ilocos Sur, although there is no case so far of afflicted with the coronavirus.

Meanwhile, the Russian government offered yesterday to donate medicines for the coronavirus after proving that these medicines have become effective in China.