KFR suspect cornered in Zambo del Norte home

AGENTS of the Philippine National Police Anti-Kidnapping Group on Tuesday afternoon captured an elusive kidnapping-for-ransom suspect in his residence in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, PNP-AKG director, Brigadier General Jonnel C. Estomo announced yesterday.

The official identified the suspect as Expedito Caro, a resident of Barangay Santa Maria in Siocon municipality who is the subject of a warrant of arrest for kidnapping-for-ransom with serious illegal detention issued by Judge Anthony Isaw of the Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte Regional Trial Court Branch 28 on September 23, 2019.

Estomo said that around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, members of the AKG Mindanao Field Unit led by Colonel Alex Fulgar, in coordination with the Siocon Municipal Police Station arrested the suspect following a tip from an informant.

Estomo said the suspect was indicted for the kidnapping of one Jed Quimbo on June 26 last year. He said that they found out that during his captivity, Quimbo was able to see some of the faces of his captors and identified them thru their aliases. One of the suspects was later identified as Caro.

The PNP-AKG director added that two more  KFR victims identified as Jose Duterte and his wife who were seized by suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits in their residence in the same province on March 3, 2017 also identified the suspect as a ‘tipster’ of their kidnappers.

The victims were separately released by their captors in 2017 and 2018.