CNN Philippines — An earthquake with a revised magnitude of 5.4 jolted San Luis town in Aurora province, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said Saturday.
The first reported magnitude of the tremor was 5.1.
The quake, which was seven kilometers deep, was recorded at 10:10 a.m., Phivolcs said.
It was felt in parts of Metro Manila, in particular Manila, Alabang and San Juan.
The reported intensities and areas are:
- Intensity VI - Baler, Aurora
- Intensity V - San Luis, Dipaculao & Maria Aurora, Aurora
- Intensity IV - Casiguran, & Dingalan, Aurora; Gabaldon, and Palayan City, Nueva Ecija
- Intensity III - Obando, Bulacan; Villasis, Pangasinan; cities of Paranaque and Antipolo, Rizal;
- Intensity II - Santo Domingo, Nueva Ecija; Malolos City, Plaridel, Bulacan, and cities of Baguio, Manila, Malabon, Navotas Quezon, Valenzuela
- Intensity I - Gapan City, Nueva Ecija; Guinayangan, Quezon Phivolcs said damage and aftershocks are expected.