POLICE Regional Office 12 director, Brigadier General Alfred S. Corpus yesterday sought the help of all Central Mindanao residents to fully cooperate with the Enhanced Community Quarantine and stay in their homes amid the rising number of COVID-19-related deaths in the region.
According to Corpus, the Department of Health Region 12 last Sunday reported another COVID-19-related death in the region bringing to seven the number of local residents who have died in the aftermath of the pandemic.
The PRO12 has supervisions over the provinces of South Cotabato, Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani and General Santos City.
Corpus said the 7th fatality in the region is a 62-year old female from North Cotabato who died on Thursday last week. The DOH said that the fatality has no travel histories and has co-morbidities of hypertension and status post cerebrovascular accident. The DOH however said that the fatality tested negative for COVID-19.
A 4th fatality, a 76-year- old male from South Cotabato died last March 23 due to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome having co-morbidities of diabetes, hypertension, and status post cerebrovascular accident. He however was also negative for COVID-19.
The 5th, a 30-year -old female from General Santos City who died last March 24 due to Acute Respiratory failure secondary to community-acquired pneumonia and high-risk Stage IV Chorio Carcinoma with lung metastasis also tested negative for the virus.
The DOH said that there is a total of 145 Persons under Investigation in Region 12 as of last Sunday. Out of the number, 22 are from Cotabato, 12 from General Santos City, 53 from North Cotabato, 8 from Sarangani, 33 from South Cotabato, and 17 from Sultan Kudarat.
Another 1,600 in the region were also considered as Persons Under Monitoring who are already undergoing home quarantine. They include 130 from Cotabato, 551 from General Santos, 334 from North Cotabato, 85 from Sarangani, 298 from South Cotabato and 202 from Sultan Kudarat.