PALAYAN CITY — A laborer accidentally died of electrocution after touching a high tension wire while trying to get some mango fruits here on Friday.
Police head Major Renato Morales identified the fatality as John Paul Borja, 36, construction worker, of Bgy. Malate, Palayan City.
Investigation showed the victim climbed up a mango tree to get some of its fruits. However on the way up he hit a high tension wire while using after a tubular metal pipe.
Morales said this resulted in the victim’s accidental electrocution while he was up on the tree.
The laborer was rushed to the Integrated City Health Office for emergency treatment by the city rescue unit but was declared dead-on-arrival.