Zero crime recorded in Cavite

THE Cavite Police Provincial Office on Thursday recorded a ‘zero-crime’ incident in the entire province where a strict enforcement of the Enhanced Community Quarantine to prevent the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus since last March 16 had already resulted in the apprehension of more than 2,500 violators, a report to Police Regional Office 4-A director, Brigadier General Vicente D. Danao Jr. said yesterday.

Having already recorded a 66 percent crime reduction in the province from March 17 to date owing to the strict enforcement of the quarantine directive and city and municipal ordinances, Cavite police director, Colonel Marlon R. Santos said they expect to record lesser crimes in the days to come with the local police on full alert and continuing their mobile and foot patrols while manning Quarantine Control Points to prevent the movement of unauthorized persons.

On Thursday, Santos said they recorded zero-crime incident in the province, the very ast time since last March 16 even as they accounted for 791 more quarantine violators and arrested 20 law offenders specifically those involved in illegal drug trafficking and abuse.

The official said the quarantine offenders are now facing charges  either for violation of Executive Order 10 Series 2020 or An Order Placing The Province Of Cavite Under Community Quarantine In View of COVID-19 Outbreak, curfew hours, drinking in public and non-cooperation with agents of a person in authority.

Santos said that over the past 48-hours, they conducted four anti-narcotics operations which led in the arrest of 15 known drug personalities and the seizure of some P40,000 worth of shabu in Bacoor, Dasmariñas, General Trias and Cavite cities as well as Tanza municipality.

The Cavite police director said they also arrested five more wanted persons in the province during the period including the no. 3 most wanted robber in Dasmariñas City and the 5th most wanted man in Imus City who is facing charges for violation of the anti-carnapping law.

Santos appealed anew to Cavite residents to stay in their respective homes and avoid loitering in public without any business as they will be apprehended by the local police as part of their effort to help prevent the further spread of the deadly virus.