THE Philippine SuperLiga is looking for a favorable response from Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) for the clubs to resume their training as early as next week.
PSL chairman Philip Ella Juico said the protocols it submitted to the IATF and the Department of Health (DOH) had already been approved, putting them on the brink of the resumption of practices despite the alarming rise of COVID-19 cases in the country.
The clubs have halted training in mid-March as Metro Manila was placed on a lockdown.
Juico said the league had already requested another round of meeting with the DOH.
“As of yesterday, we were unofficially informed that our protocols have been approved by the DOH,” said Juico.
“But we can’t really say that unless we receive the official statement from the DOH and IATF. We are expecting the approval to come out this week," he added.
The PSL have also informed teams to come up with a list of names, practice venue locations, schedules and other pertinent information that would give the DOH and IATF a good idea on how the trainings would run.
Juico said the league remains positive, especially since volleyball has more limited contact compared to professional basketball, football and boxing — all of which were given the green light by the IATF, DOH, PSC and the Games and Amusement Board last Monday.
The PSL cancelled the season-opening Grand Prix after only four playdates on March 24 as Luzon was placed under enhanced community quarantine. The league last played on March 10 with a doubleheader behind closed doors at the Filoil Flying V Centre.